Bob C. Mah
urth Skin Solutions for Men, Founder / President
Shaving is a daily ritual for many men. It is a harsh process by all accounts and can sometimes cause skin irritation. But it doesn't have to be that way. Advance preparation and a bit of know-how can alleviate problems and ensure a smooth, close shave. Follow these tips for an amazing shave:
- Always shave after a warm shower. The shower helps to soften the hair and makes it easier for a close shave.
- Always use a clean blade and rinse with warm water often. A clean blade ensures the sharpest and most sanitary edge.
- For longer facial hair, it is best to clip the hair down and then shave with a sharp blade. Shaving long facial hair can be difficult and painful.
- Use a shave lubricant. Many points of view can be found on what is the best shave lubricant; gel, foam, or creams. The truth is that they are all good. A general rule of thumb is to select one that works best for you and contains properties to help lubricate the skin, retain moisture, and soothe skin irritations.
- Always shave with the grain of the hair and rinse the blade under warm water frequently. Avoid running the blade across the same surface multiple times. This increase the likelihood of skin irritation and bumps.
- Use a mild scrub to exfoliate the skin 2-3 times a week to minimize razor bumps.
- Rinse with warm water to wash off shaving lubricant and then splash face with cold water to close and tighten the pores.
- Apply moisturizer to hydrate, protect, and soothe razor irritations.
Share this post