Skincare Do's and Don'ts
Bob C. Mah
urth Skin Solutions for Men, Founder / President
In general, most might think that only women should prescribe to a skincare routine to stay young looking and vibrant. Yes, that would be true if we were still living in the Stone Ages. The fact is that in these contemporary times it is just as important for men to look young and healthy as their female counterparts. Looking well groomed with a flair for style has become essential for men to stay competitive in the arenas of jobs and dating. Let's face it, a well groomed man exudes power, confidence and success. And that is a recipe for success in any realm of life.
If you are business man or still knee deep in the dating pool like me, a healthy looking clean facial skin may prove to be the key factor in landing the million dollar deal or the ultimate partner. Here are some do's and don'ts in getting the perfect skin.
- Exercise often. It's a fact, physically fit people feel and look better. Daily cardiovascular exercise routine helps to increase internal circulation and improve the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the skin. Yielding firmer and well nourished skin.
- Perspiration is also a side benefit of exercise. When a body sweats it open up the pores and rid itself of toxins in the body. Detoxification helps in maintaining a more youthful appearance as well as slows down aging.
- Use good products. Investing in an effective skincare system that works with your skin type is key. Daily cleansing to rid the skin of excess oil and debris so the skin can breath is essential to healthy skin.
- The skin is a living organism which means that old cells die and new ones form. The dead cells accumulate at the surface and weekly exfoliation is necessary to remove these dead cells in order to reveal the healthy skin underneath. A gentle scrub used 2-3 times a week should do the trick.
- Always wear sunscreen. Researches have shown that the most effective way to prevent premature skin aging is to use a sunscreen daily. Dermatologists recommend at a minimum, an SPF 15 moisturizer. Sunscreen should be worn daily, even on overcast days.
- Drink lots of water. A major cause of wrinkles is water loss from the skin. Water hydrates the skin, keeping it supple and firm. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrate the body and skin.
- Eat well rounded meals. Skin derives its nutrients from the food that is ingested. It is important to make sure that you are eating at least five portions of fruits or vegetables daily to supply the source of nutrients to feed the largest organ on your body.
- Get a good night sleep. The worst thing is the world is to deprive your body of its much needed rest. Lack of sleep makes the skin dull / dry and your eyes becomes puffy and red. Research shows that an average of 8 hours a day is recommended for the body to rest and repair.
- Sun worshipping. Prolonged and consistent exposure to the sure without protection is a quick ticket to wrinkle farm. Harmful UVA / UVB rays damages and rob the skin of its hydration causing premature wrinkles and age spots.
- Drink alcohol. A night of debauchery can wreak havoc on the skin. Consumption of alcohol can dehydrate the skin and slow down circulation causing drab and sagging skin.
- Do Not Smoke. Smoking introduces toxins into the body and skin's surface. Smoking slows down the blood flow to and from the skin. Smokers tend to have skin that wrinkles prematurely.
- Stress. Stress is bad all around. It's bad for mental and physical health and it's bad for the skin. Stressed out people tend to suffer more skin flair ups than others and have tired saggy skin from lack of rest. It also compromises the immune system and makes one more susceptible to illnesses.
Share this post